Awesome game as always !
CYPHERPUNK - Hacking Roguelike
In this turn-based rogue-lite, take on the hacker persona >NEON_DREAM and show the corporate scum how bad their digital defenses really are.
- Permadeath - getting to the mainframe is all or nothing.
- Turn-based strategic gameplay
- Procedurally generated SERVERS
- Multiple abilities (ROMS) that modify the server
- All sorts of DAEMONS with different behaviors and protocols
Make your way through all of the servers in a corporation's MAINFRAME to take out that corporation.
Made with love in 7 days for the CYBERPUNK jam 2019. <3 Art, code, design, etc, all me. Sorry, no sound yet!
Known issues as of 5/31/2019:
- Sometimes the game randomly freezes, cant predictably reproduce
- The hacking nodes don't have any data on them, so there's no real decision to be made yet, ran out of time.
- Enemy AI is not the best
- Working on more systemic things like traps, ROMS, and enemies
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Seems like you need to clean up your variables, I walk into the tutorial at threat level 5
I love playing this! Seems like the heal ROM is a bit too rare though, it's hard to make it far
I'm blocked by stunned enemy... Need skip turn key.
And please, make way to comeback to completed levels.
It's be fun and interesting...
A lot of games block level revisiting by balance restrictions, but in you game it's see synthetic for me. You level graph mostly like FTL, but unlike FTL, you levels can have more forgotten loot... And no rebels pressure.
x skips a turn! Sorry that's not listed anywhere.
What do you think the value is for revisiting levels?
Strange, i tried some keys and X too, but it's give no result.
1) grab leaved resources
2) just view as synthetic restriction.
But after some thinking, i understand ,you don't save levels after player leaves, and make revisiting may be too expensive for not too important detail. (I try to write games too, and my obsession level what live without player :P )
seems unplayably hard? Or maybe I'm just doing it wronger than wrong. I totally love the deus ex 3 hack minigame look though. can't wait for sounds